FOCUS ON THE ENDGAME

 

Photo credit: Gian-Reto Tarnutzer on unsplash
FOCUS ON THE ENDGAME
There are so many aspects of the Christian life that must consider the longterm, end-results that we often call the "endgame." The following questions arise in my mind as I think about the endgame this morning: 1. What is the endgame of sin?, 2. What is the endgame of the Saviour?, and 3. What will the endgame of my life be?
Before I expound in a simple manner, let's establish this about the endgame. 
  • GOD IS THE AUTHOR AND FINISHER OF ALL THINGS.
  • I MUST KNOW WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS, AND I MUST REACT ACCORDINGLY.
  • PRESENT CHANGES WILL BE REQUIRED AS WE FOCUS ON THE ENDGAME.
Let's begin.

I. What is the endgame of sin? 
James 1:14-16 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death. Do not err, my beloved brethren.
  • Sin is developed within.
  • Sin distracts us from where we need to be.
  • The end game of sin is to disengage us from God’s blessings and destroy us eternally.
II. What is the endgame of the Saviour?
  • The endgame of the Saviour is eternal rest.
Hebrews 4:3-11 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works. And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest. Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief: Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts. For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day. There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.
  • The endgame of the Saviour is a once for all rescuing.
John 14:1-3 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so , I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
  • The endgame of the Saviour is rewarding.
Revelation 22:12  And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.2 John 1:7-8 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist. Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.
III What will the endgame of my life be?
  • It depends on what I have done with Jesus concerning His salvation. (Note the words of Jesus...)
John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
  • It continues with my wholehearted focus on sanctification (the day in day out drawing closer ro God and moving further away from the old man).
1 Thessalonians 4:3-4,7 For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication: That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour; [7] For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness.Luke 9:61-62 And another also said, Lord, I will follow thee; but let me first go bid them farewell, which are at home at my house. And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.
  • Ultimately, God is the judge and authority over my endgame based on my decisions for Him presently. I want to hear the following words:
Matthew 25:21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.Romans 12:11 Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord...Hebrews 6:11-12 And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end: That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

I hope to rejoice with you in the present day and at the end of this life as we enter into eternity, but I can not force your decision for the LORD. Consider the endgame of life, and make your move toward all things HIM.

God bless you, and thank you for reading!

Blessed Beyond Measure,
Pastor Justyn Smith • CrossroadsPeoria.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Surprise Alaska Trip

2022 End Of The Year Update

An Audio Witness