When Jesus Was 33

 


When Jesus Was 33

Some 10 to 15 years ago I was young and fervent in the ministry, and I started thinking about my 33rd year of life and ministry. What will it be like? 

Jesus was 33 when He gave up all for all, and what will my 33rd year be like? What will it feel like? What kind of fervor or zeal will I have for the things of God? Where will I be serving? etc.

I can never be Jesus or even come close to doing the things Jesus did, but I most certainly look up to Him and strive to be like Him…Oh, how I wish the desire were even greater!

Here is what I have gleaned from thinking about Jesus’ 33rd year as I compare it to my 33rd year. I pray it will be a help to you regardless your age:

I. He submitted fearlessly to the will of God, even when death was part of it - will I do so? I’m thinking about the garden of Gethsemane where Jesus prayed to God, “Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.” Luke 22:42

Dear God, "Take my life and let it be holy consecrated, Lord, to thee!"

II. He served fervently even when rest was needful for the human body - will I commit to such extremes, and even amp up the service because God is worthy? Now, I understand Jesus was fully supernatural, but I also read how he felt human struggles. He was weary, hungry, thirsty, and He felt pain, but He still gave all so others could have healing, help, hope and even a home in heaven! Hallelujah! 

"I can" through HIM! But I will never be able serve fervently or supernaturally through my own strength!

III. He surrendered frequently to God’s will of the cross when He had the power to overcome the mockery, shame and beatings before death, but he choose the grave for redemption's sake - will I? 

Here’s what I mean, as He had to power to call 10 thousand angels to His aid, He did not, because there was a greater cause. Will I learn to yield to the will of God enough, so as to not “get in the way” of what God wants to do, and, therefore, “be used where I’m at” for the will of God to be accomplished through me?

The end of choosing this could lead to souls trusting Christ - OH, HOW WONDERFUL that would be!

IV. He spoke faithfully about the truth which makes one free - will I? I must be reminded that God wants to use me as a mouth piece of His Word so that others may know the Truth that makes them free spiritually!

Dear, LORD, make me the mouth piece of your grace so that others may know how wonderful your salvation truly is…that, ultimately, they will cling by faith to the power of your Gospel which brings salvation!

May we all be greatly challenged to live as Jesus lived and to love as Jesus loved!

Thank you for reading and heeding!

Blessed Beyond Measure,
Pastor Justyn Smith
CrossroadsPeoria.Life

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Surprise Alaska Trip

2022 End Of The Year Update

An Audio Witness