Are You Prepared For Death?

 

My mind has rested upon my family several times through out this day, for, today, my great aunt on my mother’s side was “laid to rest,” as they say. 
Death certainly has a way of creeping around and revealing its grim face when you least expect it. The spontaneity of my aunt’s passing has me asking myself that question we all come back to from time to time, “Am I prepared for death?” My answer? In some ways, most definitely! In other ways, I’m not so sure. Let me major on a couple areas that I have most definitely prepared myself for when it comes to dying, but first, a verse from the Scriptures!
Hebrews 9:27 “…it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment…”
This verse reminds us that life as we know it will come to an abrupt halt at some point…it also reveals that many will face judgments they aren’t prepared to face because they do not take the time to prepare for such judgments before their passing. This verse invited me to prepare for the inevitable…will you prepare for it too?
1. I’m prepared to die, because I have believed on The Lord Jesus Christ and became a saved child of God!
There are many who’ll face their appointment with death without ever having made the most important decision of their life…trusting Jesus to be God Who, as God, became a man that He should die and live again to set men free from their sins…men like me…men like you. You’ll never regret entrusting your life into the hands of almighty God! (Further reading-Romans 3:23, 6:23, 10:9-13; John 3:16)
2. I’m prepared to die, because Jesus is my life, and I choose to live it for Him daily!
There are many who’ll face their appointment with death having believed on Jesus Christ. They are saved and set free from the bondage of sin, but because they did not devote their ambition, love, and life to God they’ll stand before God with a different judgment before them. A judgment that reveals whether or not they lived for their Lord after their salvation. Many will hang their heads at the Judgment Seat of Christ wishing they could “go back” and give more to God while they walked the earth. 
Please, I urge you, do not put off Christ any loner. Whoever you are, whatever your past, and wherever you are going, look to Jesus now and live! Prepare yourself for that great appointment with death by heeding God’s precious Words that thy soul may be right with God, even unto death. 
If you’d like to know more about surrendering your life to God, or placing your faith in Jesus Christ for everlasting life, please contact me before it’s too late!
It’s time to get prepared!
Thanks for reading and heeding!
Pastor Smith

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Surprise Alaska Trip

2022 End Of The Year Update

An Audio Witness