Are You Level Headed?

 

While on our 2014 Alaska Trip I had the privilege of removing an old hitching post and establishing a new one. The whole task took about 4 hours, and it was a very satisfying job.
There were two things I always tried to keep at the fore front of my mind as I focused on this job: 1. Make sure the new posted in anchored deep and strong into the ground, & 2. Remember to make sure each vertical side of the post and the horizontal hitching post stay level. 
As I was working on this job, the thought came to my mind, “Am I level headed for God?” Of course, I desire to be, but desiring is only the beginning. What else do I need to be level headed for God? The answer that comes to my mind is this: 1. Determine to be anchored deep and strong in the Word of God, and 2. Stay level by packing the Word into any loose places.
The verse that God gave me for this thought is Philippians 4:8, “Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.”
To be level headed for God I must “think on these things,” and there is no better places to find “these things” mentioned than in God’s Word! Joshua 1:8 says, “This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.” If I practice what Joshua preached it is more likely that I will be successful in holding to Isaiah 26:3 and I will have my mind “stayed” on The Lord!
The daily renewal of our minds in God’s Word will help us to be anchored deep and strong and, therefore, possessing a level head for God. Get in the Book! Press (force and pack down) the Word of God into the loose place of your life and be on the level for God!
Thanks for reading and heeding!
Pastor Smith

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Surprise Alaska Trip

2022 End Of The Year Update

An Audio Witness